SCHEDULE DETAILS Information of Event Schedules
World is committed to making participation in the event a harassment free experience for everyone, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression
WELCOME/REGISTRATION/BUILDING DESIGN THINKING TOURS/EXPLORE EXHIBITS/NETWORKING
Newly Redesigned State of Art Learning Commons & Classroom Tours
WELCOME/ McGill University Land Acknowledgement/FIRESIDE CHAT
The State of EdTech in Canada: 'Driving Innovation Through Evidence-based Research’
Robert Martellacci – President, MindShare Learning Technology
The Panel Includes:
- Maxim Jean-Louis – Chief Executive Officer of Contact North | Contact Nord
- Karen Yamada – Chief Learning Office & CFO, C21 Canada
- Dr. Mario Chiasson – Director of Research, Innovations and Change Management at District scolaire francophone Sud
- Dr. Adam Dubé – Associate Professor and Director of the Technology Learning and Cognition Lab, McGill University
- Artur Rodrigues, Cloud Innovation Center Tech Lead, AWS
- Geoff Edwards, Superintendent of Learning Technologies, Ottawa Catholic School Board
REGISTRATION, LIGHT BREAKFAST, & EXHIBITS OPEN
WELCOME, FIRST NATIONS LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND OFFICIAL GREETINGS
Robert Martellacci, Founder & Conference Co-Chair
Dr. Dilson Rassier, Co-Chair, Dean of the Faculty of Education
Dr. Fabrice Labeau, Co-Acting Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic), McGill University
McGill University Land Acknowledgement
Master of Ceremonies, Michael Chechile, Pedagogical Consultant & Former Director General of the Lester B. Pearson School Board
Topic: Global Perspective on the State of EdTech
Dr. Tracey Burns,Chief Research Officer, Senior Analyst, OECD (Seconded) , National Center on Education and the Economy
Topic: Leading change in a crisis context - Sustaining learning from education in emergencies, survival, well being and impacting over a hundred thousand of children in need.
Rahmatullah Arman, Founder & President, Teach For Afghanistan
CROSS CANADA CHECK UP PANEL: The State of EdTech
Gain Valuable Insights From Canadian and Global Experts on The State of EdTech in Canada
- Peter Singh, Executive Officer – IT Services, TDSB
- Dilson Rassier, Co-Chair, Dean of the Faculty of Education
- Steve Brown, President & Chief Executive Officer, NELSON
- Amanda Rose, Educator, Tomken Road Middle School - Peel District School Board, Canada's Schools of the Future Challenge Winner 2022
- Sophia Mendoza, Director, Instructional Technology Initiative L.A. Unified & International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE) Board Member
- Shawn Young, CEO and co-founder, Classcraft, President, Edteq
HEALTH/ NETWORKING BREAK & NEW RENOVATION FACULTY TOUR / EXPLORE EXHIBITS
FUTURE-PROOF LEARNING DESIGN THINKING SESSION
Exploring strategies to prevent the 'Great Snapback' through an open forum roundtable conversation
This design thinking large group exercise will focus on reflecting on how leaders would tackle future crisis based on innovations that occurred during the pandemic.
- What technology innovations did you introduce successfully that you will continue to incorporate for the future?
- What did you learn from failures in attempting to innovate?
- Lessons Learnt: How will you prepare differently for the next pandemic or crisis?
HONOURING INDIGENOUS CULTURES & LANGUAGES THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
Peter Skillen, Project & Curriculum Lead at CodeToLearn.ca
Michael Quinn, President, LCSI
DRAGON'S DEN STARTUP CHALLENGE
- Blue Guardian
- Vireo Education
- RedBird Circle
Judges Panel :
- Diego Magalhaes – Chief Technologist, Education & Partners, AWS
- Aman Sahota – Co-Founder at Ei Amplified, Canadian EdTech Startup Challenge 2021 Winner
- Ron Sedran – Managing Director, Canaccord Capital
- Phil Cutler – CEO, Paper
- Kathy Hurley – Former EVP Pearson Foundation and Industry Consultant, Author, Innovate HERs
- Barbara “Bobbi” Kurshan – Public/Private Company Board Director, C-Suite Executive, Audit, CEO, Author, Innovate HERs
- Joe Simms – Sales Director, Public Sector and SWO, Compugen
- Andy Singh – Founder & CEO, Teqfocus
PRESENTING The 7th CANADIAN EDTECH AWARDS
We are thrilled to announce our 7th Annual Canadian EdTech Awards Honouring Excellence in Innovation in Education.
ROUNDTABLE POWER PANEL PRESENTATIONS
- Supporting Indigenous students with Digital Skills & Learning Resources Hosted by Dr. Stephen Peters, Faculty Lecturer Assistant Director, & Office of First Nations and Inuit Education, McGill University
- Female entrepreneurs: Discussing the inspiration behind InnovateHERs, leveraging an entrepreneurial mindset to advance your professional career Hosted by Kathy Hurley,
Former EVP Pearson Foundation and Industry Consultant, Dr. Barbara “Bobbi” Kurshan
Public/Private Company Board Director, C-Suite Executive, Audit, CEO, Author & Lisa Schmucki, Founder & CEO, edWeb.net, and Jennifer Ferrari, CEO & President of Education Research & Development Institute, ERDI US
- The future of school design beyond covid, supporting districts in designing transformational models for student-centered learning Hosted by Dr. Mario Chiasson, Director of Research, Innovations and Change Management, District scolaire francophone Sud and Katina Papulkas
Senior Education Strategist, Dell Technologies & Jeremiah Okal-Frink Senior Education Strategist, Dell Technologies
- How EdTechs are accelerating their growth with the AWS Cloud, learn how EdTech companies are developing scalable and secure technology solutions with AWS to accelerate their go-to-market strategies. With dedicated resources and programs, AWS supports EdTechs to start, expand, and optimize their business and transform education globally. Hosted by AWS, Barrett Newman, Sr. Solutions Architect – EdTech & Robyn Reekie, Canada Education Business Dev Manager
- Technology in Public Education a Conversation on Cybersecurity and Data Privacy in K12 Education and School beyond COVID-19 priorities: wellbeing for learning and living, equity and inclusion now & Technology integration Hosted by C21 Canada, CIO Alliance Members: Peter Singh, Executive Officer – IT Services/CIO Alliance Chair
Toronto District School Board, Kurt Binnie, Director Innovation & Technology
Lester B. Pearson School Board & Marc Lijour, VP Capacity Building and Innovation, ICTC
- Well-being using technology; promoting mental health in the school community Hosted by Dr. Nancy Heath, Professor Educational & Counseling Psychology, McGill University
- The importance of how to drive innovation through effective partnerships & driving successful uptake of technology in the classroom Hosted by Dr. Susanne Lajoie, Educational & Counselling Psychology, McGill University
- Cancode; Inspiring Stem, coding and robotics through an equity, inclusion and diversity lens Hosted by Peter Skillen, Project & Curriculum Lead, CodeToLearn and Michael Quinn, President, LCSI
- The Future of Online Learning Models, What's Working? Hosted by: Maxim Jean-Louis, President - Chief Executive Officer, Contact North & Dr. Ron Owston, University Professor Emeritus and Senior Scholar, York University
- Canadian EdTech Alliance: Issues, Challenges & Opportunities for growth in the US. market. Hosted by: Robert Martellacci
Founder & CEO, MindShare Learning, Canadian EdTech Alliance & Founder & Conference Chair, Canadian Edtech Leadership Summit , Julia Fallon,
Executive Director, State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) & Eileen Belastock, CETL, EdTech Consultant, Belastock Consulting
HEALTH / NETWORKING BREAK / EXPLORE EXHIBITS
WRAP UP & CLOSING REFLECTIONS
VIRTUAL CHECK-IN/EXPLORE THE VIRTUAL EXHIBIT AREA
Register and login online through virtual conferencing platform.
WELCOME AND OFFICIAL GREETINGS
Greetings from Robert Martellacci, Founder and Conference Chair, Charting the Course of the Day with Dr. Tracey Burns, Senior Analyst, OECD Education, Skills Global Update & Vision for Future-Proofing Learning And Dave Bolton, Director of Sales – Canada for Wacom, Summit's Gold Sponsor.
CROSS CANADA INTERNATIONAL CHECK UP PANEL
Gain Valuable Insights From Canadian and Global Experts on Leading Beyond a Crisis to Future Proofing Learning
- John Myers, Cofounder & CEO, Edsby
- Lisa Schmucki, Founder & CEO, edWeb.net
- Peter Singh, Executive Officer IT Services, TDSB
- Patricia Gartland, Member Board Of Directors at BC Council for International Education, CEO/Superintendent of Schools BC
- Dr. Rumeet Billan, Award-winning, internationally recognized entrepreneur, learning architect, speaker, author, humanitarian, and Canada’s top 10 power women 2020
- Steve Brown, President & Chief Executive Officer, NELSON
- Maxim Jean-Louis, Chief Executive Officer of Contact North | Contact Nord
- Eric Walters, Award-winning Canadian Author
HEALTH/NETWORKING BREAK FEATURING Janet Omstead, PLAY Coach | Executive Health PLAY Program Director | Author | Speaker
Includes Janet Omstead Book Give-Away
Exploring the Virtual Exhibit Area & build your personal learning network virtually by connecting with conference delegates.
LUNCH NETWORKING BREAK: EXPLORE THE VIRTUAL EXHIBITOR SPACE
Wacom SPOTLIGHT SPEAKERS
Dave Bolton & Sam Kary
Topic: Simple Tech Tools to Future-Proof Your Classroom and Make the Technology You Have Do Even More.
Wacom is committed to education
As leaders in intuitive, easy-to-use digital pen technology, Wacom helps schools and universities keep up with the pace of change. Our interactive digital pen tablet and display solutions help boost creativity, collaboration, and interaction. They’re affordable, reliable and designed to integrate seamlessly with your IT infrastructure. From the fine arts and CTE programs to any core curriculum classes, Wacom tools are proven performers in any learning scenario.
Links for Wacom Canada
VIRTUAL POWER PRESENTATIONS
- Centering Wellbeing through Learning Spaces.
Hosted by Aileen Strickland, Senior Design Researcher, Workspace Futures, Steelcase.
- C21 Canada Roundtable: Announcing the release of new report "School after COVID 19: Accelerating the changes that matter K to 12 learners in Canada". Hosted by Karen Yamada, Chief Learning Officer & David Roberts, President, C21 Canada.
- How Edmonton Catholic is future-proofing their school board to empower every student and teacher to achieve more in ANY learning environment. With hybrid learning here to stay, classrooms need to be flexible and engaging. Find out how Edmonton Catholic is leveling the playing field and creating an environment where every student will succeed. Hosted by Adrienne Veneziano, Learning Development Specialist, Compugen & Trisha Roffey, Emerging Technology Consultant – Team Lead, Edmonton Catholic Schoolboard.
- DELL: Digital Literacy Hosted by Katina Papulkas, Senior Education Strategist, DELL Join us to hear about what Dell Technologies is doing in relation to digital literacy to support student centred learning and global competency development & to share best practices and lessons learned around digital literacy in support of student learning.
- ICTC Cybersecurity: How to future proof your organization through cybersecurity best practices. Hosted by Namir Anani, President & CEO, ICTC.
- A Global Lens on the Future of Learning. Hosted by Dr. Sugata Mitra & Stephen Cox, CEO, Osiris Educational.
- Supporting Indigenous students with Digital Skills & Learning Resources. Hosted by Michael Furdyk, Co-founder & Director of Innovation, TakingITGlobal
- The New Blended Normal: 7 Models for Future-Proofing Learning. Face-to-face classes are resuming but blended learning will be the "new normal". In this session, Dr, Ron Owston details 7 blended learning models we can use and discusses their strengths and limitations. Hosted by Ron Owston, University Dean Emeritus and Senior Scholar, Faculty of Education, York University.
- OverDrive Education: How to leverage technology to address learning loss with ebooks. Hosted by Andrea Hotton, Account Executive, OverDrive Sora.
- Tamara Smith and Adele Reynolds from Let's Talk Science will lead a discussion on equity, inclusion, and going virtual with STEM-Based teaching and learning.
- Purpose-Driven Learning in the Classroom: Teaching coding through the lens of the UN SDGs. Hosted by Michelle Valtas, Senior Marketing Manager, InkSmith.
- Round table of 2 x 45-minute sessions.
Session 1: Hosted/led by Christian Inglis, the Innovate UK lead for the GBIP programme, working around the theme of “Solving problems – We have the technology!” - Showcasing innovative UK companies with exciting new EdTech products. (4 x 5 minutes pitches with discussion).
Session 2: Connecting educators and innovators – a pathway to shared knowledge and collaboration. Led by Robert Martellacci, MindShare Learning, Conference Chair
Explore the Virtual Exhibit Area
Melissa is an award-winning Educator, specialized in EdTech, STEM, Music/Arts Integration, and Project-Based Learning from Winnipeg, Manitoba. She is the founder and president of Middle Years Esport Manitoba and the Canadian Middle School Esport Association, and actively involved in scholastic esports advocacy, research, and publication. Winner of the Canadian Schools of the Future Challenge 2021
Inspiring the next generation of students through challenge based learning
POST CONFERENCE CLOSING NETWORKING RECEPTION