Steve Brown has made his mark in Canada and Internationally by leading organizations through digital transformation. His career spans a diverse mix of industry and technology experience from multi-media entertainment, logistics services, automotive, and now to learning solutions.
Since joining NELSON in September 2016, Steve has transformed the vision for this 104-year-old company by reimagining the role and purpose of a publisher in 2017 and beyond. Introducing a matrix driven view to the management culture, and unifying a K20 student-centric business division is at the core of this shift to a cohesive customer focused structure. He has reframed the organization’s digital competency by instituting a technology department comprised of some the world’s best and brightest talent based in Silicon Beach California. Additionally, over the past 12 months the company has engaged in various M&A activities, including the acquisition of one of its largest competitors, as well as signing numerous agency and partnership deals to ensure NELSON offers a world class portfolio of learning solution and for all its markets.
Steve’s passion and commitment to transforming education, and the student learning experience, continues to fuel the innovation pipeline at NELSON.
Thursday Day Two 28th Oct
CROSS CANADA INTERNATIONAL CHECK UP PANEL
Gain Valuable Insights From Canadian and Global Experts on Leading Beyond a Crisis to Future Proofing Learning
- John Myers, Cofounder & CEO, Edsby
- Lisa Schmucki, Founder & CEO, edWeb.net
- Peter Singh, Executive Officer IT Services, TDSB
- Patricia Gartland, Member Board Of Directors at BC Council for International Education, CEO/Superintendent of Schools BC
- Dr. Rumeet Billan, Award-winning, internationally recognized entrepreneur, learning architect, speaker, author, humanitarian, and Canada’s top 10 power women 2020
- Steve Brown, President & Chief Executive Officer, NELSON
- Maxim Jean-Louis, Chief Executive Officer of Contact North | Contact Nord
- Eric Walters, Award-winning Canadian Author