Kristina Ishmael is an educator, learner, advocate, and agent of change. As the leader of the Office of Ed Tech, she executes the office's mission of developing national edtech policy that enables everywhere, all-the-time learning and supports digital equity and opportunity.
In her nearly two-decade education career, Ishmael has worked at the federal, state, and school level, allowing her to develop a unique perspective on policy and practice and a vast network from whom she continues to learn and share. Most recently, she worked as an educational consultant and Sr. Research Fellow on New America’s Teaching, Learning, & Tech team, where she advised on the inclusive technology portfolio at the intersection of open education, digital equity, and culturally responsive and sustaining education.
Ishmael's impressive career in education also includes her work as the Digital Learning Specialist for the Nebraska Department of Education, where she led professional learning, developed policy, and advocated for school librarians. This experience granted her a unique perspective on leveraging educational technology in urban, suburban, and rural school systems. Before her state leadership role, Kristina started as an early childhood and elementary teacher of emerging bilingual students in Omaha, Nebraska.
Kristina Ishmael has become a respected voice in the world of education and edtech and is a fierce advocate for equity and access to quality education for all learners.
Friday Day Two Nov 3rd
2. A CanAm Lens to Empowering, Courageous Leadership in achieving Sustainable Digital Transformation in Education embracing both AI & HI
- Kathy Hurley, President, Kathy Hurley Consulting LLC, Co-Founder, Girls Thinking Global & Former EVP Pearson Foundation and Industry Consultant
- Lisa Schmucki, Founder & CEO, edWeb.net
- Jennifer Ferrari, CEO & President, Education Research & Development Institute
- Kristina Ishmael, Deputy Director, Office of Ed Tech U.S. Department of Education
- Berj Akian, Founder & CEO, ClassLink
- Michael Campbell, President, Advancing Global EDU