Dr. Adam Dubé
Adam Dubé is an Associate Professor and Director of the Technology Learning and Cognition Lab, McGill University, and a joint Fellow of the American Educational Research Association and the Society of Research in Child Development in middle childhood education and development. He investigates how educational technology augments the learning process and teaches courses on the use of emerging educational technologies. His work on the use of tablet computers in education is published in book “Understanding tablets from early childhood to adulthood: Encounters with touch technology.” One focus area of his research asks whether educational tablet math games are able to simultaneously entertain and educate and it is funded by the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada as well as the Fonds de Recherche du Québec-Société et Culture. Another recent focus area is on how the use of digital assistants (smart speakers) affects the development of children's theories of artificial minds and is funded by the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada. Altogether, Dr. Dubé's work on educational technology has gone so far as to inform the recent United Nations industry Guidelines on Digital Learning.
Wednesday Day One 27th Oct
OPENING RECEPTION, FIRESIDE CHAT
'Leading Beyond a Crisis to Future Proofing Learning'
Robert Martellacci – President, MindShare Learning Technology
The Panel Includes:
- Tom D'Amico – Director of Education, Ottawa Catholic School Board
- Karen Yamada – Chief Learning Officer & CFO, C21 Canada
- Dr. Ron Owston – Professor Emeritus, York University
- Katina Papulkas – Senior Education Strategist, Dell Technologies
- Dr. Chris Kim – Digital Media Instructor, Web Developer, & Research Engineer
- Dr. Mario Chiasson – Director of Research, Innovations and Change Management at District scolaire francophone Sud
- Dr. Adam Dubé – Associate Professor, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology, Director, Learning Sciences & Health Professions Education, McGill University.