Fred Dixon is the CEO of Blindside Networks, the company that started the BigBlueButton project to create the worlds best web conferencing system for online learning.
While BigBlueButton implements all the core features you would expect in any commercial web conferencing system (but under an open source license), we've focused on extending its features towards promoting engagement of users to foster learning. It's engagement features include multi-user white board, breakout rooms, shared notes, polling, and emojis.
The market for online learning is large. More importantly, access to quality education is a core part tackling the worlds problems as outlined by the United Nations (see https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/).
For more information on our project and accomplishments to date, see https://bigbluebutton.org/.
Friday Day Two Nov 3rd
3. Designing Your Ultimate Learning Environment of the Future
Moderator: Karen Yamada, Chief Learning Office & CFO, C21 Canada
- Dr. Mario Chiasson, Director of Research, Innovations and Change Management at District scolaire francophone Sud
- Helen Pereira-Raso, BA (Hons), BEd, MEd, Head of School, (HTS) Holy Trinity School
- Luc Goudreault, CEO, Vireo
- Michael Campbell, President, Advancing Global EDU
- Fred Dixon, CEO of Blindside Networks, Co-Founder of BigBlueButton