Dr. Barbara “Bobbi” Kurshan
As a business-centric c-suite executive, innovator, and board Member, I lead disruptive transformation through 30+ years in the development and commercialization of digital learning products for wide-ranging audiences. I bring a career of leadership roles across EdTech companies, for-profits, non-profits, PE firms, and educational institutions. Board governance and advisory roles include two public companies, 35+ private companies, and five non-profits that include charitable organizations and higher education institutions.
I’m pursuing a public or larger private company board seeking to develop, expand, or acquire innovative digital learning as part of their digital product strategy, and advise through deep insight honed from the intersection of technology, learning products, and innovation. I bring deep connections as well as experience in CEO and board succession planning, M&A, strategy and product evaluation. Leadership achievements:
• Commercialized 8 innovative, digital learning products across software, platforms, open/shared education resources websites, and online modules for Curriki.org, MSFT, McGraw-Hill Inc., TENET, Claris Inc., and others.
• Partnered with Microsoft to develop MSFT’s first children’s software product, Creative Writer and Fine Artist. Led as Executive Director of Curriki, and delivered one of the most innovative, robust global open source education communities with Sun Microsystems with +250K members and +40K resources in the first 4 years.
• Envision strategic M&A synergy of how two companies will increase stakeholder value. Acquired and sold Swiss culinary school; acquired MediaSeek, Homework Central, and Get a Clue; served as Interim President of Edunetics Ltd after acquisition, growing successfully.
• Invested in 35+ start-ups through PE and leadership at Penn in programs to train entrepreneurs including a Masters in Entrepreneurship in Education and EDSi, an educational technology. Invested $45M in through Core Learning Group.
Thursday Day One Nov 2nd
WELCOME/ OTTAWA LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT/FIRESIDE CHAT
- Robert Martellacci, Founder & Conference Co-Chair
- Richard Barwell –Dean & Full Professor, University of Ottawa
- Tom D’Amico –Director of Education, Ottawa Catholic School Board
FireSide Chat Panel
"The Future of Post-secondary Education, Bridging the Gap with K12"
Moderator: Richard Barwell –Dean & Full Professor, University of Ottawa
- Maxim Jean-Louis: Chief Executive Officer of Contact North | Contact Nord
- Doug Currie: VP Corporate Services, Strategic Development and Stakeholder Relations, Holland College
- Katina Papulkas: Senior Education Strategist, Dell Technologies
- Dr. Barbara “Bobbi” Kurshan, Public/Private Company Board Director, C-Suite Executive, Audit, CEO, Author
- Diego Magalhaes: Chief Technologist for AWS focused on Education and Partners for the Public-Sector team in Canada
- Clive-Anthony Stanberry: Data Engineer, NFL